Joseph W. Pizzo is an experienced and respected municipal and litigation attorney with over a quarter century of service to townships, school districts and municipal authorities.
Joe graduated magna cum laude from Temple University in 1986, and he received his J.D. from the Temple University School of Law in 1991.
Joe’s areas of practice include municipal law, zoning and land use law, education law, real estate law, election law and civil litigation. He has served as solicitor and special counsel to numerous municipalities and governmental agencies including Bensalem Township and Northampton Township where he currently serves as township solicitor. He has also served on the Board of Directors of the Bucks County Housing Development Corporation and the Bucks County Community College Foundation.
Joe’s legal experience and expertise led to his appointment, by Governor Mark Schweiker, to serve on an advisory commission for the 7th Judicial District that identified attorneys qualified for nomination to serve on the Court of Common Pleas of Bucks County. He has also been invited to offer comment and testimony before the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure (regarding siting and regulation of solid waste transfer facilities), the Pennsylvania House of Representatives Appropriations Committee (regarding amendments to the Pennsylvania Local Tax Enabling Act), and the Pennsylvania House of Representatives Human Services Committee (regarding local government regulation of recovery homes). Joe has also served as a faculty member and moderator of a seminar presented by the National Business Institute entitled Legal Issues Involving Local Governments.
A native and life-long resident of Bucks County, Joe and his family reside in Bensalem.
- Bensalem Township, Solicitor
- Bucks County Technical School Authority, Solicitor
- Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority, Special Counsel
- Lower Southampton Township, Special Counsel
- Northampton Township, Solicitor
- Redevelopment Authority of the County of Bucks, Special Counsel
- Borough of Bristol Zoning Hearing Board, Solicitor
- Bristol Township, Special Counsel
- Bristol Township School District, Labor Counsel and Special Counsel
- Bucks County Recorder of Deeds, Solicitor
- Bucks County Transportation Management Association, Chief Counsel
- Lower Southampton Township, Solicitor
- Middletown Township, Solicitor
- Redevelopment Authority of the County of Bucks, Solicitor
Bar Admission and Memberships
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Solicitors
Volunteer and Community Memberships
- Bucks County Housing Development Corporation, Former Director and Past President
- Bucks County Community College Foundation, Past Board Member
- Bensalem Ramblers Youth Athletic Organization, Board Member and Coach
- St. Charles Borromeo CYO, Baseball Coordinator and Past Athletic Director
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia CYO, Region 19 Baseball Commissioner and Athletic Board Member