Joseph W. Pizzo is an experienced and respected municipal and litigation attorney with nearly a quarter century of service to townships, school districts and municipal authorities.
He graduated magna cum laude from Temple University in 1986, and he received his J.D. from the Temple University School of Law in 1991.
Mr. Pizzo’s areas of practice include municipal law, zoning and land use law, real estate law, election law and civil litigation. He has served as solicitor and special counsel to numerous municipalities and governmental agencies including Bensalem Township, Middletown Township and Northampton Township where he currently serves as township solicitor. He has also served on the Board of Directors of the Bucks County Housing Development Corporation and the Bucks County Community College Foundation.
Mr. Pizzo’s legal experience and expertise led to his appointment, by Governor Mark Schweiker, to serve on an advisory commission for the 7th Judicial District that identified attorneys qualified for nomination to serve on the Court of Common Pleas of Bucks County. Mr. Pizzo also recently served as a faculty member and moderator of a seminar presented by the National Business Institute entitled Legal Issues Involving Local Governments.
A native and life-long resident of Bucks County, Mr. Pizzo and his family reside in Bensalem , Bucks County.
- Bensalem Township, Solicitor
- Bucks County Technical School Authority, Solicitor
- Bucks County Water & Sewer Authority, Special Counsel
- Middletown Township, Solicitor
- Northampton Township, Solicitor
- Office of the Recorder of Deeds of Bucks County, Solicitor
- Redevelopment Authority of the County of Bucks, Special Counsel
- Borough of Bristol Zoning Hearing Board, Solicitor
- Bristol Township, Special Counsel
- Bristol Township School District, Labor Counsel
- Bucks County Transportation Management Association, Chief Counsel
- Lower Southampton Township, Solicitor
- Redevelopment Authority of the County of Bucks, Solicitor
Bar Admission and Memberships
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Solicitors
Volunteer and Community Memberships
- Bucks County Housing Development Corporation, Director and Past President
- Bucks County Community College Foundation, Past Board Member
- Bensalem Ramblers Youth Athletic Organization, Board Member and Coach
- St. Charles Borromeo CYO, Athletic Director