Melissa thoroughly enjoys being a Municipal Solicitor. She believes that her skills as an attorney and her qualities as a person make the job a perfect fit for her.
Melissa has been practicing municipal law for over seven years but also believes that the skills she learned while practicing as a litigator for five years in the Courtroom have been beneficial to her municipal work. Melissa has tried bench and jury trials, state court arbitrations, private arbitrations, and argued before numerous Courts of Common Pleas, The Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania and the Court of Special Appeals in Maryland. During Melissa’s practice as a municipal attorney. she was Corporate Counsel for Bucks County Water and Sewer Authority, one of the largest water and sewer municipal authorities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. While working there, she gained an understanding and knowledge of municipal entities which few Solicitors are able to experience.
- Richland Township Water Authority
- Borough of Perkasie Civil Service Commission
- Middletown Borough Civil Service Commission (Special Counsel)
- North Wales Water Authority
- Northampton (Bucks County) Municipal Authority
- Schwenksville Borough Authority
Professional and Civic Memberships
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association, Member
- Region #1 Associate Committee at the Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association, Alternate Delegate
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
Melissa is admitted to the Pennsylvania and New Jersey State Bars, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the Middle District of Pennsylvania.